Cricket South Africa conducted 50 tests on players and support staff before the cultural camp in Skukuza from August 18 to 22.
Johannesburg: The South African cricket team said on Thursday that two players from the South African men's cricket team have tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss a specially arranged cultural camp.
However, according to "ESPNCricinfo" reports, the South African Cricket Association (CSA) did not disclose the names of the two players.
CSA has conducted 50 tests on players and support staff before the cultural camp in Skukuza from August 18th to 22nd.
The training camp focuses on the team's "identity, environment and performance goals", with a total of 32 players.
CSA said in a press release: "The test is in line with the organization's obligations and commitments to control the spread of the virus."
"There is no substitute for two players who have tested positive.
All those who cannot attend the training camp will participate in the proceedings virtually.
"According to the agreement, two players will be sent to the quarantine zone and they will miss the camp.
The organization of the cultural camp was held in the context of increased ethnic divisions in cricket in South Africa, and the event once again stood out after the Black Living Issues (BLM) movement.
While some people like the front pacemaker Makhaya Ntini tend to be more straightforward by narrating their experiences, others downplay racism in South African cricket.
Earlier this year, after an African-American George Floyd was killed by a white police officer in Minneapolis, the BLM movement gained worldwide attention.
It has the support of some top athletes, including cricketers, and the support of sports organizations in the world that aim to eliminate racial discrimination.
CSA tested positive for COVID-19 before the South African women's team training camp in July, when three members and support staff tested positive.
According to a report, Iftekhar Hossain, a cricketer under 19 in Bangladesh, has been tested for COVID-19 and will be quarantined for a week.
A report in "ESPNcricinfo" stated that Hussein returned positive results in the second batch of tests conducted at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium on Monday.
He was one of 15 cricket players before the month-long training camp that the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) started on Sunday.
MA Kaysar, BCB game development manager, said: "We have a positive case. His name is Iftekhar Hossain. According to the BCB medical agreement, he will now be in isolation. He is healthy but he is closely monitored."
"We will provide him with everything during his isolation, and the next step will be decided by the BCB medical team.
"The first group of 15 athletes arrived at the academy on August 15 and was tested the next day. After all the results were found to be negative, they were sent to the BKSP, 36 kilometers away from Milpur. The second group of athletes followed the same Plan, except for Hussein."
Mashrafe Mortaza, the former captain of Bangladesh, had previously tested positive for the deadly virus and then fully recovered.